Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why are we single so late in life?

Americans are staying single longer and longer. Why? I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine and it confirmed for me why I was single until 34 and why he is still single and why many of my friends are single.

Here it is. We want the X factor. The X factor is the thing that you can't explain. When they are in the room you get the tingles and the chills. We want that. We have been taught by Hollywood that you have to fall in love and be swept off your feet. We have to wait for the one. "The One" might as well be Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

You know when I met the one...after I said I do and Pastor Tim Hawks announced to the world who my wife was.

Sure there were tingles and shivers when Adrienne and I started to get to know each other. But feelings will change. They are fickle. If you watch how many times Hollywood stars fall in and out of love you would think that their feelings were tied to meteorology reports from the weather channel.

So culturally we are indoctrinated with "the one"

More posts to come on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment